Saturday, October 30, 2010

Fan folds are fun



Hello friends on a glorious sunny summer afternoon here in SA. The last day of October is upon us... very scarey, which makes me think of Halloween. So for those celebrating halloween have a lovely weekend, "trick or treating .... enjoy and have fun.
One of the groups I belong to has a challenge to use a fan fold flower and looking on blogs so many of the rosettes are appearing on cards, or as decorations. I have decided to put one onto an easel card, as I needed to make one for a challenge on a PCP group.. anything but cute.. which this is. Easel cards are such fun to make.

Paper. - card is an off white, onto which I matted a Racy raspberry, and then a vintage DP called Heritage - small floral - from a local South African oompany - Fabscraps.
I used the same DP for the fan flower and mounted that onto a darker colour cut with a nestie, and added a small punched flower and pearl onto that. The flourish is the same darker shade cut with a Crealies die and finished off with a few pearls.
The sentiment is also from a local company Great Impressions cut with a Nellie Snellen die mounted with foam pads.
The edge was punched with a MS punch and again a few pearls for some bling.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

4 comments:

chilli pip said...

lovely Ursula.I rather like the look of these flowers.
Have a great weekend

PJ said...

Ursula,
Your card is just beautiful. I love that fan fold, I am going to have to try it!!!

Riet said...

Wat een schitterende kaart Ursula,prachtig papier heb je gebruikt.

Liefs Riet.

Lia said...

such a lovely card ursula I love the colors and the papers very sweet
hugs Lia