Sunday, March 30, 2014

Christmas greetings

Happy Sunday friends,
5 days ago, hubby announced that in 9 months time it would be Christmas, which made me realise that I hadn't completed my Christmas cards for this month....late as usual, at least come 25 December, I will have a good number in my stash.

I have committed to make 2 cards a month and this is the first one for March. Digistamps4Joy are running a Christmas challenge. It is run by Desire, one of my teamies. If you haven't yet joined in this challenge, you can start now. This is how it works.

You need to go and check out the details and request your free digi. You make your card and enter it in the challenge blog, then next month you will get another image. So every month that you submit a card you will get an image......Great!!! come December you will have some cards ready for posting. So check it out now. This month the digi was Christmas Paper and this is how I have used it.



Here is what I used.

I made my paper with a stencil and Pan Pastels chalks, then printed my image onto this. Added some berries with Pontura pearl maker.
Matted this onto gold paper and then onto striped paper from my stash.
The ribbon was also some pieces left over from last Christmas, with 3 little wooden Christmas trees that I have had for ages..

I am trying to use up all my bits and pieces for these Christmas cards, so when the new Christmas ranges come into the stores later this year, I might not feel too guilty about buying some of it.

I will enter this in the following challenges:
Completely Christmas challenge #5...Anything goes
The Doodle Garden challenge #1...Anything goes
Crafty Catz challenge #224...Anything goes
Decosse's Dynamite Doodles...Christmas...Anything goes
Chalk-a-lot Café #58...Anything goes with chalk
Scribble and Scrap challenge #15...Anything goes
The Glory of Christmas challenge #30...Peace on Earth
Holly Jolly Christmas challenge Bingo...(I used the right hand side down. Gold paper and embossing, ribbon, more than 3 layers).
Fab 'n' Funky #209...Christmas
Chalk n Stock challenge...Anything goes
Crimbo Crackers #61...Anything goes..Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge...Use patterned paper
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge...Anything goes, must be Christmas

I hope to see you back later, with my second Christmas Card, but am having quite a busy day. Have had our 2 young grandsons staying the night, and will be meeting up with my son & DIL  later this morning, and then some other activities for this afternoon.

Have a great Sunday and take care.
 
Love Ursula

13 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Ursula, I love how you have used the chalks to create the background for the image. The ribbon with the three little trees is a wonderful finishing touch. Thank you for taking the time to use this month’s free Christmas image. You have automatically qualified to receive next month’s Christmas image for free, which will be emailed to you at the beginning of April.
Hugs
Desíre
{Digistamps4Joy Christmas Challenge Co-ordinator}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Erica ♥ said...

Dat is een hele leuke kerst kaart ☺
Liefs van Erica
{Heidebloempjuh}

Teresa Arsenault said...

this is gorgeous, Ursula. I especially like the trees.

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely card for Completely Christmas 5 and also the Glory of Christmas 30, Hazel, DT - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for March - I'd love to see it there too. x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Design, Thank you for sharing with us over at Completely Christmas, we do hope you will join us again next week for another fun challenge...Good Luck...
Hugs
Suzy B ~Owner~Completely Christmas
Xx

Meighan Wheller said...

So glad you started early on your Christmas cards Ursula that meant you could share your lovely card with us at Holly Jolly. One to tick of the list and it is a wonderful card. Thanks for sharing with us and we hope to see you again soon. Meighan DT

Jac’s Playground said...

Wonderful Christmas card, cute little wooden trees too, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely card for my CHNC challenge extra for March x

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for March with your lovely creation - hope to see you again for the April challenge. x

Suze said...

I love how you created a background for this word art. Thanks for joining the challenge at CHNC Extra for March.

Aunty Sue said...

Such a lovely project thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Catz

Alyx said...

Gorgeous and very trendy Christmas Card...just beautiful.

Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Brilliant idea to add the image on top of a subtle paper. It turned out great. I also really like your tree embellishments at the bottom. Another wonderful Christmas card. I'm so glad you got the opportunity to get a second card in for March. I haven't seen you for a couple of months and hope that you'll soon be back to my 12 Months of Christmas link up. Hope you and yours are well.

Regards,
Lisa